Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Is Ben Affleck the most intimidating Batman from the live action movies?

• Adam D
    Favorite Answer

It's very hard to compare different actors in the role, because for the most part they aren't playing the same role. 

Affleck's Batman is a good incarnation, one that I wish they had been able to expand upon more.  Older, jaded, he's spent his life fighting the corruption of Gotham and losing.  He's crossed the line (killing someone), and killing one bad guy makes it easier to kill the next and the next until you get the Batman we saw in Dawn of Justice.  Being threatening is necessary, given what he faces.

Bale's Dark Knight is more of a self-sacrificing incarnation, ready to give up everything if it means saving Gotham.  Not as intimidating, but that wasn't what he was going for.  He was meant to be a symbol, a warning.

I don't think you cast an actor as Batman.  I think you cast someone who fits your vision of Bruce Wayne, hire a top-notch direction who is in sync with your vision for the whole story, and Batman will take care of itself.

I thought Bale was far more intimidating while Affleck's Batman seemed more defeated and realistic. I liked Affleck's turn as the Dark Knight. Can't wait to see what Edward Cullen does with the role next. 

Hes the one who looked like he was acting the most

for all the internet hate he  got,   I thought he was the BEST Batman of them all.   I thought he NAILED the role. 

It's a damn shame he blew it, and lost the role because of his boozing.