Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Help! I’m being sued by a university even though I withdrew the first day of school.?

I’m being sued for $1000, from a university I never went to back in summer 2017. I registered the end of May and got accepted on May 31st. I remember registering for one or two online classes and speaking with Financial aid about loans. Before I even got a answer back from them I dropped all of my classes. Fast forward to now, I receive a letter in the mail saying I’m being sued. Called the collections department and they basically just want me to “set up a payment plan”. Tried getting on to my old email and system to find it gone or errored. Emailed the admissions office and registrars office, they gave me June 7th as my drop/withdrawal date Before the deadline, and my transcript would be able to prove this. Tried ordering a transcript but of course there’s a hold on my account. Spoke with the Bursars office and they of course want me to pay and are also saying a completely different date from both the admissions and registrar have stated on my account,June 9th. They also have on my account as “lecture” not e-learning. This has gone as far as this whole situation affecting my federal refund. I’m not sure what to do and I can’t afford nor should I have to pay for something I didn’t even do anything in. Even if a lawyer was an option, how would I afford one?

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.