JonZ

How are you handling the coronavirus lockdown? If your work is closed are you still being paid? Are you financially prepared for an...?

...extended crisis?

• Kathy
    Favorite Answer

I am retired, but I handling it just fine so far.

I'm retired so work isn't an issue. I have family members working from home. It's not so bad for me. I would have been in the Netherlands this week, but can still travel virtually via webcams. I also have books to read, work around the house and keep in contact with friends and family remotely.

• Binks

The supermarket I work in is open and teeming with business. I'm getting all the hours I want.

Well I work on a cruise ship and they are only letting us work 40 hours a week. We usually work 70 to 80 hours a week. So our pay has gone way down. But they are letting us stay in the guest rooms and we get 2 days off a week. So that's a free place to stay and free food and we're getting paid still so all in all it's not too bad. It's just a little boring because we can't get off the ship and we aren't allowed to hang out in small groups anymore.

I still have my job fortunately but it definitely is annoying and a shame that we have to go thru this. Some good things came out of it though.

The good news is my job is safe. The bad news is I have to work in a high exposure environment with little PPE.

It's annoying, that's all I'll say.