Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

How do I get inspired to write a story set in the year 1984?

You don't hope for inspiration. You get off your butt and do the work. A few hundred hours of solid research is a good start. It needs to include the daily newspaper from the city or area where your story is set, popular magazines, movies, TV, and most of all books written and published at that time.

Keep waiting for inspiration and you'll never finish.

I don't wait for inspiration to do the laundry or scrub the bathroom down. It's work and I just pull up my big girl panties and do it. Writing's the same.

Look at news videos from the period. Watch some movies from that time period and read stories or articles, all to get knowledgeable about that period in history.

• Mack

Find out all about the 1950’s 🙄

Would whoever's operating this bot please change the script. It's just........ boring. Cheers.

Personally, I suggest researching 1984 and the years before and after that.

I get inspired by seeing picture inspiration and fashion from that year. Like for example, if I saw a picture of a lady dressed as if she were in the 80's, that would probably inspire me.