Can my friends child’s catch chicken pox through me? ?

Hi so my 4 month old son had chicken pox a few weeks ago! They’re all gone now! And he is back to his normal, bubbly self :) thank god!. My friends little girl now has them!! Now bare in mind she hasn’t had any contact with my son at all!! In fact she has never even met him!! But I quickly popped in to see my friend at her home 2 weeks ago! Not with my son, he was at home with my mum!. My friend now thinks that her daughter caught the chicken pox from me!! Just by me being in her house! Is that that even possible!? I’ve googled it!! And it says that if I have already had chicken pox! It’s unluckily that I will get it again or pass it on!...didn’t think this was an emergency situation to ring my doctor! So thought I’d ask on here because I’m not going to lie to you she’s really doing my heading with her accusations! She might be right...but I’m sure she’s not!

• Tulip

Why wasn't that 4 year old vaccinated??

• Tulip

The vaccine cannot be given until at least 12 months so that seems like a lie. The friends child however is old enough. A lot of stupidity involved here.

Yes anyone can if they’re in contact with the person

It can be transmitted via things like your clothes.

If you had been holding your baby, the virus would be on your hands and clothes so easily carried to your friends house to infect her child.

Did you have shingles by any chance ? That is a rash?