Do I need to apply a specific way for unemployment due to covid-19?

My job closed. I was considered a paid volunteer. I was working for 5months,before then I was working through a third party delivering amazon packages. I received my award letter today. Everything says $0... including wages earned. I no they base income off quarterly dates and according to the dates theyre counting I was working. Will this make me ineligible for benefits during the Corona virus? Do I need to do anything in order to receive the $600 weekly for Edd? I'm so worried. I'm a single mom of two. Please if any one has Information on this process is appriciate it. Thank you

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry but you aren't going to qualify.

You were a Volunteer.  You were volunteering not working.

Any money you received was a "thank you for volunteering" not earning income.

To get any money, you have to lose your job through no fault of your own.  You didn't have a job to lose.

To get the additional $600 a week, you had to lose your job due to covid-19.  You didn't have a job. 

If you app[y in March, then the quarters, they count are from October 2018 to September 2019. If you withdraw your first application and reapply in April, then they count the quarters from January 2019 to December 2019. That might work better for you.

• may baby2 months agoReport

I made mode my income in June -aug 2019 

I do not think paid volunteers can get unemployment. That's why they classes you as a paid volunteer. Sorry