Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My older sister has hated me and bullied me my whole life, and I don't know why.?

I'm 20, my older sister is 40 and we have two sister's and a brother. My mum died of cancer when I was 7 and I'm still living at home with my dad. My oldest sister has always been vile to me. She got drunk one night when I was 13 and told me that if I hadn't been born my mum would still be alive, that I killed my mum and that they never wanted me, of course it was all a lie, but because I was young it scarred me. When I was little she would always make fun of my lips and mock me saying that I look miserable all the time, but it's just the shape of my lips and can you blame me for looking sad? My mum had died!! Whenever we have family gatherings she goes around to hug and greet everyone, but ignores me. When she comes to my house I go into my room to avoid her because she makes me feel awful and she blanks me anyway. When I was 12 her daughter (my niece) lied about me saying I wouldn't do the dishes, so she grabbed me by my hair and threw me out of her house, I had to get a taxi home. There's so much more she has done, but it would take me all day to write it. She's always talking bad about me to my family saying I'm a b*tch and a sh*t, but I've never done anything to her, she has practically bullied me my whole life and my family just tell me to brush it off because “that's just what she's like” but that's easy for them to say when it doesn't happen to them. I wish my mum was here, she would understand and I could talk to her. I just wish it wasn't like this. Any advice?

YOU are your sister's victim and she doesn't want a different one because you are easily manipulated.

And so, if you are sick and tired of being her victim, then change things.  You need to go online to learn healthy assertiveness skills or be her door mat forever.

Use these opportunities:

1)  You are surrounded by relatives and you tell her that you are not her door mat anymore.  Then walk away.

2)  You remember something REALLY embarrassing that she has done and you proceed to tell it surrounded by relatives.

3)  The next time get wind of what she says about you, you can say, "She's just jealous because I'm so much younger and prettier than she is."

i would just stay away from her as much as possible

This is very upsetting for you both your sister's behaviour and your family's behaviour about it. When you are able to move away and have your own family or life of your own you will develop away from this and have more control over the situation. 

• Hannah2 months agoReport

Thank you. I agree, I think things will get better once I move away and build my own life.