Does anyone remember cartoons that had music and words with a ping pong ball bouncing on each word?

Favorite Answer

Yes. These originated in movie theaters and later made their way onto television. Max and Dave Fleischer produced a series of 3-mnute cartoon shorts, that Paramount distributed. Initially called Ko-Ko Car-Tunes, the name became Screen Songs in 1929, and Fleischer Studios continued producing them until 1938. In 1945, Paramount along with Famous Studios revived the format and began producing shorts in color.

They featured popular songs of the day and they are what introduced the 'follow the bouncing ball' to theater-goers and then kids like me on TV well into the '60s at least. That's when I watched them.

They were made by Famous Studios. As a kid I hated them...but as it was a cartoon...I watched. Do you remember Herman & Catnip?

Yeah sure..........I think Krazy Kat cartoons use to do that, but so did others.