promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Lv 6
asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Under which president did the USA see the largest number of white collar jobs and factories "outsourcing"? why?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Donald Trump started building companies overseas when George H.W. Bush and Clinton were President. Ivanka Trump established her numerous companies overseas when George W Bush was President. The Trump family own more overseas businesses than any other Americans.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • larry1
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

George W Bush (2001-2008) although it started under Clinton/ Tony Blair (UK) about 1997 with their ideals of 'globalization', but it way accelerated under Bush because of a sluggish US economy his whole term and his pro profit policies.

*It would have continued under Obama if the economy didn't crash 2008/09 and the Great Recession happen freezing business. 

• Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

and now....?  we are f_cked?

• 2 months ago

Do you mean outsourcing to other businesses? Or to businesses in other countries?

Both of these have been occurring for a long time. And it's accelerated over time as well.  

• 2 months ago

Everyone wants to blame everything bad on the other party.  And for a lot of bad stuff, that's valid. But in this case it's not. 

We made the decision AS A COUNTRY to export our manufacturing.  Republicans pushed it, during the Reagan admin., but Dems went right along with it.  It was all part of the idea that if we all sacrifice to make rich people richer, somehow we'll all get richer.  Reagan introduced the idea.  GHW Bush initially opposed it but when he saw how well it sold he backed it too.  Clinton also backed it!

Of course as soon as we put all the factory workers out of work, businesses realized white-collar work could also be exported.  Computer programming, for instance, and all kinds of 'brain work' that could be done anywhere.  Nobody thought out the consequences ahead of time.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Lou Dobbs "the War on the Middle Class"..i remember him talking about this as well as the illegal aliens coming over in droves to take whatever any other jobs there were. (I wish i could get all those shows on dvd documentary. i bet it must be 1000000 hours long)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.