Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Discuss the debate among historians over the nature of slavery and its effects on African Americans. ?

Discuss the debate among historians over the nature of slavery and its effects on African Americans. Why have historical interpretations changed? Why have some historical assessments of slavery been more controversial than others? 

• xyzzy

Which debate there are a number? The effects on African Americans are interesting, but what about the majority of slaves brought to the New World from Africa? Those that were imported to what became the US made up only 7% of the total. Most went to Brazil (about 40%) and the majority of the rest were sent to the Caribbean.

Sure. Just discussed it, and very interesting it was too. What now?

Britney, most of the regulars here have a pretty solid policy of not doing other people's homework for them. Clearly that's what this is.

You have more time on our own than usual, I bet. Do the assigned reading in 30-minute increments with a ten minute break in between, and you can answer this without us.

• Britney2 months agoReport

That is very rude of you to assume I wanted homework help. I have this answer and it was an interesting topic to write about. I thought others would feel the same. Thanks though.