Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Should I stop texting him?

I'm a woman in my early 20's and I've have been texting a guy, who is in his late 30's, for six months now - without meeting him in real life. I really enjoy texting him and I have never felt like this before with anyone (I never had a boyfriend). The reason, I haven't met him yet, is his complicated situation. He still lives with his ex girlfriend (of what I know they have never married but have been together for over 10 years and broke up last summer) and pre-teen daughter and a toddler son. He is very close to his children and he is very engaged in their raising, possibly more than the average father. At first, when we started texting he said he is going to move out of the house leaving his ex and their children. But then a few months later he said that it will be the opposite - that his ex will move out and he will stay with his children. And because of all of this, I feel that we can't never meet in real life in peace because he wants to keep our relationship in secret, especially because he worries for his daughter knowing. Also, I often doubt if he's lying to me and that he is actually still with his ex. Do you think I should stop texting him? 

I think you should ask him if you have a definite future together, and if you don't, stop contact.  It sounds like he can't commit to you.  Do you know for sure that he has broken up with the woman that he still lives with?  Sounds... unbelievable.  All the best.