promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers Β· 2 months ago

Why did Yahoo get rid of the green format?

Their website had more features during that time. Many people left after they changed it to the purple format

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

dont know specifically .. what i do know is yahoo was sold or something and im sure trimmed down so they set it up to fit and operate in the new circumstances most likely ..

• Eastside Guz
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

It should be called Verizon Answers since they bought & revised it about three years ago.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Wow. What year are you living in?

• Sports MD
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You act like it's impossible to bring it backπŸ˜‚

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yahoo Staff I guess Back in the day Back when the Old owners owned it I guess they didint like it anymore and wanted to Start Fresh with something new

Lv 7
    2 months ago

There wasn't a mass exodus after the format change, but there were a lot of disgruntled people. Like most sites, format changes are the norm whether it's to keep up with changes in technology, or because management feels it really is an improvement. Naturally users who didn't experience the green, don't miss it and I was here at that time, but it's been SO long ago that I couldn't tell you what was different about it from the purple. You adapt to change and keep on going, or jump ship. The reasons why it was changed aren't really relevant, since it's not ever going to be changed back. THIS is what we have, like it or not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I honestly don't have a specific reason. It baffles me.Β 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.