Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers Β· 2 months ago

Why did Yahoo get rid of the green format?

Their website had more features during that time. Many people left after they changed it to the purple format

• Dze
    Favorite Answer

dont know specifically .. what i do know is yahoo was sold or something and im sure trimmed down so they set it up to fit and operate in the new circumstances most likely ..

• Eastside Guz

It should be called Verizon Answers since they bought & revised it about three years ago.

• Wow. What year are you living in?

• Sports MD

You act like it's impossible to bring it backπŸ˜‚

• Daniel

Yahoo Staff I guess Back in the day Back when the Old owners owned it I guess they didint like it anymore and wanted to Start Fresh with something new

• .

There wasn't a mass exodus after the format change, but there were a lot of disgruntled people. Like most sites, format changes are the norm whether it's to keep up with changes in technology, or because management feels it really is an improvement. Naturally users who didn't experience the green, don't miss it and I was here at that time, but it's been SO long ago that I couldn't tell you what was different about it from the purple. You adapt to change and keep on going, or jump ship. The reasons why it was changed aren't really relevant, since it's not ever going to be changed back. THIS is what we have, like it or not.

I honestly don't have a specific reason. It baffles me.Β