Is the age gap of me and my friend really that big of a deal?

I am 27 years old about to be 28 years old, I was born on July 31, 1992 and my friend just turned 18 and was born on December 26, 2001? We hang out with each other but others think that I'm too old for him to be around. I don't see what the problem is with the age gap?

Why are they obsessed with the age difference? 

I don’t see the problem. Age differences for any relationship are fine as long as they’re both at least of age and consenting adults no matter what anyone else might think. If you’re both enjoying the company then it’s not a problem. Some people just think their beliefs are fact and everyone else’s beliefs are lies or stupidity or immoral. Don’t worry. It’s not a problem and other people judging you both need to mind their own business.

• Murzy

I don't see any problem.

It shouldn't be. 

If you're good friends with somebody else, the age difference really shouldn't matter. Someone isn't a true friend only if they don't like you for who you are, not one person being older than the other.