Football players are bunch of overpaid, agree or agree?

agree and disagree. They are atheletes and keep themselves in tremendous shape...the training is grueling and requires insane levels of discipline,  that alone is crazy.  Premier League lebel you have to work so hard in training...its like a second job to playing full time.

i agree the wages do go a bit out of hand btu if you have that talent and if the club has that money and wants you to play for them and will pay you what you want what can anyone do ?

its not easy to become a top flight footballer one,  two those hwo make it dont always stay in that league and level and those that do must be working hard at their game etc.

lastly footballers retire by the ages of 34, 35...goalies later.

after that they dont earn the crazy money they did while playing. 

if our players can guarantee us fans LOTS of success in domestic front,  we can take it easy in europe a bit if u want,  then im happy and they should be paid well.

back to back premier league titles is what we require and i shall not be worried about how much the lads are earning.  IF they can keeping bringing us the trpohies well keep paying them as much as they want ^_^

YNWA

Agree. However, that is only because there are people who are willing to see them and willing to pay that much for them.

• Disagree.  They're paid what club chairmen have chosen to pay them.  If someone decided you were worth 100K per week at your job would you turn it down or say "thanks for the money"?  Gonna go ahead and say that you'd take the money quite happily.

Yes, they are overpaid!

• August

You are always going to get high earners In all types of entertainment from actors,film directors (Steven Spielberg for example) boxers,TV football pundits (Gary Lineker) and TV personalities. Football is no exception - with all that Sky/BT money floating about,and now possibly Amazon Prime. The footballers have a very easy life,they kick a ball,stick to a diet,do what the manager says and gets paid £millions.

Yes footballers are overpaid but would you complain if you was one,because i wouldn't. 

Id agree their wages are over-inflated 

I tend to agree although I would not moan and give the money back if I was offered a fortune myself so I don't know how I can knock them.

• they are overpaid by almost any measureing scale,  but the reasons are logical,  it's a case of supply and demand, and even though these guys are being paid astronomical amounts, they are among the best even if only by a very marginal visual amount, but as long as they are better then because of the money and popularity of the game there's always going to be owners  and managers who will pay the huge salaries, unless some artifical permanant salary cap is put in....but then don't be surprised if another country takes the role of being the global hotspot....remember Italy had it years ago, and it can change quite easily, ironically why do you think China had this aggressive euro player buying strategy?  at least they attempted it and they may try again..,  well think about it if slowly they accquire all the best talents in the world....what happens next?

• audrey

I think so, yes. But I'm sure sports fans think soap opera stars are over paid. So I guess it's all in what you like