promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Allie
Lv 4
Allie asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

What do you think of homegrown fruits and vegetables?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I grow much my own.... but you/I cannot grow everything both climate and area as well season .... some items like a tomatoes is so much better home grown 

I cannot eat oranges that been on the tree for more than a day

but my own asparagus was no better then store bought 

I never grew Brussels sprouts does not mean I never will eat them,

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

They are far better and far safer than store-bought.

• 2 months ago

They are simply the best! They are truly fresh and tastier I think. They make healthy meals that do not include any toxins. I just love a salad with the lettuce from my dad's garden along with his tomatoes and cucumbers. So Good!!!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They always taste better than store vegs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Much better and fresher than shop bought,  My neighbour used to bring me veggies from his allotment.

• 2 months ago

was raised on them and so were my kids. Love canned fruit to this day because thats what we ate in winter when I was a kid.

Back in the 50's there were very few fresh veggies outside of potatoes and onions available during winter months in northern areas so most housewives grew and canned everything they could for the coming winter. What ever my mom couldn't raise, like peaches, pears and apricots, she bought in cases and brought them home to can.

• ...Show all comments
    • ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

jams and jelly too. Of course here in the US, jelly is a clear bread spread, not gelatin like in UK..the folks also picked wild fruit like june berries, crab apples, plums, choke cherries and those were canned as fruit or the fixings for jams and jellies.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely love them. When I was a kid my father always planted a garden, and where I am located, the climate was not always kind to some of the veggies he tried, but we still had a huge variety that my mother either froze, bottled or kept in the dry cellar, and we always had wonderful meals from the harvest. We didn't get into fruits as about the only thing that would grow was apples or berries.

• 2 months ago

Can often be better than from shops which may have been kept in cold storage for some time.

• 2 months ago

They are great if you can grow them. 

I can not always grow the fruits and vegetables that I would like. 

I grow what I can and then buy locally fresh or frozen. (some frozen is actually "fresher" than some fresh items.)

• 2 months ago

I think they are great. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.