Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

can capitalism help poor people?

I am not a communist or socialist, but I would like a more moderate capitalism. I agree is the only system that works but sometimes is not perfect

Favorite Answer

If it were t not for capitalism, we would have to grow our own food, make our own fabrics to make cloths with, ride horses instead of drive cars, no computers,, etc. Personally i like capitalism.

• ciao2 months agoReport

I agree but I would like a more moderate capitalism

• Clive

What does this have to do with elections?

• Jeff D

Capitalism has lifted more people of poverty than any other system.   A more "moderate" capitalism would just be one that's less efficient and lifts fewer people out of poverty.

There's no such thing as a perfect system because people are imperfect. 

Capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty than any other system; while socialism/communism has put more people in it.

It doesn't work. In a sense the ideal situation is as many people as possible being genuinely self-employed, but unfortunately that isn't sustainable as it tends to develop into the gig economy or trends towards monopolies which are not democratically controlled. Socialism is the only option compatible with the survival of the species.