promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Gigs asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Desktop Icons Disappeared?

Hi, I am working from home on a company computer. When I logged in today, my desktop icons are displaced to another area of the screen. When I move them all back, many of them seem to "disappear" to an area above the screen and now I can't get them back. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 7.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Try changing your screen resolution.  Maybe you've got a viruss?  and theyre just being deleted?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

First, I'm amazed any company is still on Windows 7.  That is unsupported and an easy target for viruses and data being stolen.

Go to you display settings and change the resolution of your screen.  

If that doesn't help, sometimes if you move from 2 displays to one this can happen.  A restart may help, but if it doesn't you'll need to go to your display settings again and tell it the correct number of monitors.  Online searches for the exact behavior will get you in the right direction.

• 2 months ago

Try doing a system restore, go back when all was good. But first, try a scan with the free version of Malwarebytes.

• 2 months ago

Turn it of and start again.  Still doing it? Then contact your company's IT people. There's probably someone still there, isolated in an office somewhere.

• DEBS
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Her company still is running Windows 7.  I would not trust anything from that IT dept.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It would obviously be more sensible to contact your company's IT dept or person rather than some random bunch of strangers on a site like this who have no knowledge of your system or its set-ups.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.