Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Do you think Yahoo isn't doing a good job in maintaining this website?

So much of things can be done to vastly improve this website (Yahoo Answers) but it seems like they're just letting it live by itself and not give any care to it. For example, the commenting system does not provide notification to the recipient user if the comment was not made on the recipient's question or answer. This is a simple fix that could've done a lot. Imagine if they had fixed this, it could generate a lot more interaction between users and thus bring in more users. Do you think the management team of Yahoo is incompetent?

People are free to discuss products whether they pay or not. Making suggestions or complaining does not necessarily mean I am determined to get changes to happen.

They basically SHlTBAG lazy and don't give a smelly krap about this site.

no, not at all..............................

I've been here since the green days......and the site was NEVER managed WELL. 

It had glitches GALORE back in the Green days....and  was perhaps managed a little BETTER,  than the non-existent managing these days,   but it was never , at any point,  ever really managed  WELL. 

I have seen dozens of EXCELLENT suggestions on the suggestion boards that would improve the site VASTLY.....and they were rarely, if ever acted on. 

My stalker has been harassing me for 4 solid YEARS here........

4 YEARS.........I have explained and outlined the problem, over and over and over and over..........sent reams of evidence.......

and he's still posting, still harassing, despite being "suspended"  about 250 times. .....never once actually solving the problem  by just forbidding him to create new accounts, or flagging his name or something. 

• .

It's been YEARS since those running the site have done a "good job". It's not a big money maker, and is way low on the totem pole as far as importance, so it's allowed to continue to exist as long as it isn't costing them money. Getting it to work properly and regain a decent amount of quality users, doesn't seem to be important to the powers-that-be at this time. 

.

", the commenting system does not provide notification to the recipient user if the comment was not made on the recipient's question or answer." - Notifications still lets you know of TU/TDs. A comment can only be made on an answer, not a question. Since I don't post questions, I do not know if the Notifications area still provides a notification if a new answer is posted to a question.

.

"it could generate a lot more interaction between users" - That's not the purpose of the site (it's not a chat site). Being notified of a new answer or a comment under your answer should have no bearing on users desiring to post information seeking questions or users answering those questions. Someone who needs info, will manually check their question for answers if needed.

• Zirp

Questions about the answerer are not allowed.

It's pretty clear that VERIZON doesn't care for this site.

If they did, we'd get notified of deletions, and have an emailaddress to report repeat-offenders

I don't think so. This site has a boatload of problems. A lot of things need to be fixed.

They really aren't. The Yahoo Team aren't doing well to improve this garbage forum.

I'm not on this site as much as I use to be, so that's probably why I don't notice the glitches as much. But this site has been ran Incompetently for quite a few years, and that has been one of the reason why its lost users.

• Daniel

Yahoo is doing a Horrible Job a lot of Bugs around that have not been Addressed that have been going on for Months its one thing if its only Temporary like a Few Days or a week or so but its another if its Several Months or longer

• I could understand your feels if you were paying to use this site.  But you are not.  Verizon/Yahoo owns you nothing.  They can do what they want with the site and you and I have nothing at all to say about it.  Go read their Terms of Service and file a complaint and see where it gets you.

Update:  If you have issues bring it up to them on the feedback and show you are concern about the site.  Instead, you come here and rant about it.  

• It surprise me those who do all the complaining about this site is on it 24/7.  Has nothing better to do then complain about anything and everything.