promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how do I reduce my pc screen size?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

QUESTION UNCLEAR: ORDER BANANA?

When you say "Reduce my PC Screen Size"...  what do you mean?

A) Reduce the physical size of the screen itself.

B) Reduce the screen RESOLUTION.

If you want to reduce the PHYSICAL SIZE of the screen, you'll have to get a smaller monitor... assuming you're on a desktop as laptops cannot physically change their screen size (as it's part of the system design).

If you wanted to reduce your screen RESOLUTION, this can be done in-software with your OS as it's part of the display settings.  Please be aware that there are some limitations here, as the OS will enforce a MINIMUM RESOLUTION & maximum resolution will be restricted by the graphics capabilities of your system.  I must note that LCD & LED screens will have a specific "Native Resolution", which is the ideal resolution for the display in order to provide the best visual quality.  Going with a non-native resolution will result in less than desirable visuals as the display has to start fudging pixels.

The other display setting you can tweak is the display scaling option, which is effectively a desktop Zoom option, so you can make desktop icons larger.  In games & programs, you may find a UI scaling option.  This allows you to tweak UI elements that can effectively reduce the effective resolution.  Games that do full-screen will provide an resolution option, but it's a bit restricted & has a MINIMUM Resolution deal.

Other programs like web browsers will have a zoom function, which allows you to enlarge webpages do whatever you like.

Hope this helps!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You can zoom out Internet windows in some browser programs.

You can adjust the video driver settings of resolution.

You can use a chain saw.

Those are the only suggestions that can be made with no clues from you about some "pc screen" or what you are looking at on it, or what runs it.

• Boy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You have to right clock on the desktop and go to display settings and it should give you the option to lowering the scaling of the screen or changing the resolution. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.