asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

why are people still putting money into the stock market? dont they realize that the world is ready to be in a global recession?

Favorite Answer

It makes sense if you have extra money and a lot of time before you need to get it back out. When the stock market crashed to start the Great Depression, it regained to it's previous level after something like twenty years. So, it took a long time, but it did come back eventually.

• Lv 6

so,,uh..they had to wait 20 YEARS to get their money that they initially put into the stock market before it crashed? i would rather have my money under my pillow!

they feel long term the stock market will do well and make them money.

• Edward

Dividends many stocks pay more in div than you’ll ever get in a bank.

I've already made $1,000.00 on Exxon Mobile by buying low . Can't wait 'til Summer or Fall when the ships are sailing , planes flying and cars back on the road . 

I think a lot of people are putting money in it, hoping for it to drop. You can make money either by expecting to go up, or by expecting it to go down, which means you're "short" on the stocks, rather than "long". The stock market lets you make money either way.

Low interest rates and a belief that the underlying economy is still strong and will bounce back quickly. 

Buy low sell high.