promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 2 months ago

Can anyone do graphic design? ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm a designer of another sort I'd rather not say on the net. With a business of 37 years. I do my own graphic design, occasionally for others. We had a thing just last week where I said that Curtis - a professor in an art college, BTW - really isn't much of a graphic designer. And that maybe I'm the best of our crowd. And immediately said, "But not very good in the world of REAL graphic designers". So, as Minnie in particular said, yes, anyone can push shapes around in Illustrator. Being an actual DESIGNER of any ability is harder than people probably think.

May as well talk some, nobody's going anyplace. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

First do some research into what graphic design actually entails. I have known too many people who think it is just drawing pictures, pushing shapes and colours around and wearing rimless spectacles. It isn't.

• 2 months ago

I’m a graphic designer. I nailed my projects in college, I’m even great at web design (and I know some web development). 

Anyone can learn adobe and the rules of design. BUT you have to have the creativity. That is something that you have to pick up on your own. So with that being said, no. Not everyone can be a designer. Creativity is a skill that no everyone has. Those who are creative are usually intelligent. 

But I’m not in anyway saying you can’t be a designer. Give it a shot if you’re interested, if it’s not you then find a plan B :)

• 2 months ago

Yes, anyone *can*. You are not prohibited.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Sure anyone can do it, but some do it better than others.

• Minnie2 months agoReport

Kinda agree. You have to have the eye for it. Not everyone has that tho

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.