Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

What could it be???

My daughter recently turned one and for months she’s been having issues with gagging. She literally gags on EVERYTHING, even her own saliva. I constantly have to pat her back because she’s always gagging on things. Even if she picks up something off the floor that’s really small and eats it, she’ll gag on that. She’ll gag on formula and solid foods. I got her tested for acid reflux long ago and she doesn’t have that. The doctor thinks it’s just a hypersensitivity but I’m just wondering if there’s something else wrong with her. She can’t be seen because all this that’s going on with the virus.. It concerns me that she’s always gagging no matter what she eats. By hypersensitivity I mean that when something like food reaches her throat, she doesn’t like it so she spits it out and doesn’t swallow it. She drinks formula and milk and takes a bottle just fine but she gags on it. She doesn’t take solid foods very well and usually spits it out and refuses to eat it

i would just take her to urgent care if they wont do doctor appts

• PR

I would say get a second opinion. It sounds like something in the throat isn't working right. Perhaps you can get a second opinion with a physician, remotely, or even an ENT would be in order.