promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Prime Minister in hospital with Covid-19?

The press are reporting that Boris Johnson has been taken to hospital following his infection with the Corona virus.

Until now he had been following the Government advice of self-isolating but obviously now his condition has either detoriorated or failed to improve.

With this in mind is it time for a rethink of the "self-isolate" advice? Surely getting treatment on day 1 improves survival chances rather than seeking help on day 6.

I'm starting to wonder now whether people with symptoms should be told to "do nothing" which of course is what "self-isolate" means to most.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no treatment, that's the point so all you can do is self isolate and if the symptoms become worse then you go to hospital because you may need a ventilator to help you breathe. The fact that the PM has had it for ten days and can't shake it off shows you how tenacious Covid-19 is and why we should follow government guidelines to self isolate. This is not like the bloody flu, it's a deadly disease.

Anyway, perhaps the looney left will now realise that Boris Johnson was not faking it and keep their bigotry to themselves. 

Edit...No, Sono, treatment is a cure. The ventilator is an aid. 

Source(s): Dianne on 🐑 ⌚.
  • 2 months ago

I saw clips of him standing in Parliament next to all the other cabinet ministers and sharing the wooden lectern they put their notes onto.  There was no social distancing, even though they were telling everyone else to do that!  (this was when Cummings had mild symptons and recovered) last week or so.

It seems that some Politicians think they don't have to follow their own advice.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

He was visiting hospitals and shaking hands with everyone.  The opposite of self-isolating. 

• 2 months ago

The way this illness often progresses is, you feel a bit ill for a couple of days, then a bit worse but not really vile. After 6 or 7 days you think you're pretty well OK again.And lots of people ARE.But in some cases it's not till day 8 or 9 that  it REALLY hits you.

At that point many people need to go into hospital.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • cool
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

He is not in hospital, that's just the story they use to cover up his real location.

The Prime Minister is staying in a secure location far away from London.

They are fearful of mass unrest when the quarantine measures become more stringent.

So the Queen and her privy council were evacuated several days ago, they are planning for mass rioting and disorder, which means London is not the safest place for them to be.

• 2 months ago

Wouldn't surprise me if him and the other tory anchors thought it was a peasants disease, I doubt he will be kicking it with the underclass in an nhs hospital.

• Thing Three2 months agoReport

Actually he is currently in St Thomas' Hospital in Westminster

• 2 months ago

What can be done for them except place them on a ventilator, we have no know effective drug treatment available at least not any that would drastically increase their chances of survival as its a new strain of virus, one that we have no know natural mechanism of defence against, its all guess work we know how people live and die who become infected with it, but why, no idea, WHY.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I seen a clip of an American ER doctor with covid 19, for the first 7 days the symptoms were mild, then he started getting fevers day 8 or so his lungs filled up and within hours he was dead. I'm pretty sure an ER doctor would know when it's time to seek help, he must of crashed so fast it overwhelmed him

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I hope he lives to see what a mess the tories have made of the NHS over the years.

I want people to see him and his leadership with blood on their hands.

I also hope lessons are learned for next time and that we will have a world class health service by the end of it. Getting caught with your pants down once is excusable - but twice - no.

• ...Show all comments
    • Green Brick
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The Tories have been selling off parts of the NHS for years (in secret) and underfunding new Nurses or not offering Loans for Student Nurses and they wonder why the NHS is understaffed and they always fly in Doctors from outside the UK

• 2 months ago

You can’t do much about the virus anyway and you certainly can’t do anything for the tens of thousands of people who have tested positive for it.

Most people will recover without treatment, like Hancock and Prince Charles have done. One of the interesting questions is why some people with no known underlying health problems are affected more severely than others. But that is the same with ordinary flu. I know two people, one aged 45, one aged 4O who died from complications of flu last year. It went flu-pneumonia-sepsis.

My son, who has always been as strong as an ox, has COVID-19 and was hospitalised for one night last week with breathing difficulties. Luckily he is on the mend now. Not everyone who is hospitalised needs a ventilator.

Pity the government lost the email which would have signed them up to the EU scheme for 15000 ventilators though.

• 2 months ago

The capacity to treat everyone as soon as they first show symptoms does not exist. Many hospitals are struggling to take care of the severe cases they're seeing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.