Why do girls wear skirts, but not guys?

• Mike
    Favorite Answer

Girls look  better in them

• reme_1

If you wan to see a man in a skirt, go to Scotland.

Suits them better. I notice that things which, over time, have been adopted by women or men in general and become something typical of that gender, have become as such because it suits them as women or men. For example, women generally have long hair because it suits them better and on the whole they don't suit short hair. I think skirts suit women because it compliments the feminine shape of their body and legs, while trousers, perhaps baggy trousers, are more of a masculine look. My point is, certain things in fashion, whether clothes or hairstyles, do in fact suit a particular gender, while not suiting another, and that is why said gender has generally adopted it over time.

• Sky

It's just a customary practice based on common gender roles.  In Scotland it's common for men to wear a kilt, which is similar to a skirt.  In some countries men wear a sarong which is skirt-like and longer.  In western culture it's not common for men to wear specifically women's skirts, but there's nothing stopping them if they want to.

This is not the case.  There are no truly gendered clothes but it's common for men to wear kilts and in the Balkans men do wear skirts as part of traditional dress.  It's also a recent development that men tend not to wear skirts in Romance and Germanic influenced cultures.

makes it easier for them to use the toilet

• Dr. D

There are many cultures around the world where guys do wear skirts. Your problem is that your culture society restricts skirts to females. Your cultures set the gender norms, and one of these norms is how the different genders dress. 

If you want to challenge social convention then that's your prerogative. Simply tell ask your friends, why do girls have more freedoms regarding dress than guys? Girls can wear pants, or even men's clothes, if they want and no one gives a hoot. I believe guys should be allowed the same freedoms and rights as girls. No longer should we be subjected to the tyranny of trousers. No, beginning (you set a date) we shall challenge social convention and wear skirts (or any dress code of choice). Bravely meet me at (you set the time and location), and we shall demand our freedom. I don't know if any of your friends would join you on this protest, but I am sure they will all be looking forward to seeing you in a skirt. 

They wear skirts because wearing guys is too bulky and hairy and they don’t cover the front when worn on the back.

I end up getting the loose fabric of a skirt hung up in my power tools .

because u don't live in Ireland.. 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪