Why does tire lubes and body shops hire only fratboys? ?

I would love to work on cars but this is the sole reason why I don’t hold a job in a tire lube, car shop because all that they hire in them are fratboys!

It is a concentration of arrogant rude guys that usually are athletic and love using the word gay in their sentences. They usually would get mad and punch a wall. They are hyperagressive and loves getting into fights.

You just walk by them and they’d ‘call you out’ or try to pick on you or come onto you in a coercive way, as if they have a dislike for you or something of that nature. 

They carry all sorts of bullying attitudes.

Why do tire lubes and body shops only hire these kind of people? 

Favorite Answer

Only the ones close to the college you go to. Widen the area in which you are looking for work. You'll find someone who isn't a frat boy who will hire people for their expertise, not someone on the 'old boys' network.

• Foofa

I highly doubt these are actually "frat boys". That type tends to seek summer work at country clubs and yacht marinas IF they take a job at all.

No idea. I’ve never/very rarely seen “fratboys” at the shops where I’ve taken my cars.