bob asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

CR85 mixing ?

I just got a new cr85 and I am very confused with mixing oil and gas since I am used to 4 strokes. If I have a 1 gallon gas can approximately how much oil should be added? I will be doing simple trail riding, nothing crazy like racing etc. I would prefer to run it a little richer since I dont wanna blow this new bike but I dont want it to like bog. Please help, I just need to know how much oil to add to a gallon of gas. Thanks 

Favorite Answer

Fuel needs to be mixed 32:1 , so one part of oil to 32 parts of petrol.

So , if 8 pints in a gallon, you want 8 /32 pints of oil , so 1/4 pint of oil per gallon

Just follow what the manual recommends, the manufacturer employs hundreds of engineers to consider every aspect of the bike. And do not add approximate amounts, measure everything, get it as accurate as you possibly can.

Like dude, the gas / oil ratio has very close to nothing to do with the fuel / air mixture (richness). Whatever you do, don't learn how engines work; your head may explode.