Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 2 months ago

Computer Suggestions? ?

I'm currently running a z97 HD3P, i5 4690k, GTX 960, and 8 GB of RAM. My computer most of the time is extremely high in disk, memory, and cpu usage especially in large games like warzone where I get constant stutters and freezes. Thoughts on which specific part could be at fault? I personally don't care about graphic quality I just want to play games (warzone, pubg) at a steady consistent FPS regardless if it's on all low settings 

• Fulano

There's the easiest way to test, so you know exactly what's going on:

Pull up Task Manager, click More Details, then look at the performance tab.

Fire up your game and play a while, then press alt-tab to go look at Task Manager again and see which graphs are maxing out.

For example, if the Memory is maxing out, then your computer needs more RAM or you need to close programs that might be using lots of RAM. When you max the RAM, Windows will use virtual memory which means it's using the hard drive for extra RAM space.

Or if the GPU is being maxed out that means you either need a faster card or turn down the graphics settings farther.

With as much RAM as browsers and such take these days, I wouldn't be surprised if you're maxing out the RAM.

Your computer meets the requirements for COD warzone, but not the recommended specs.   You should add RAM at  a minimum, going to at least 12GB, and probably 16GB to compensate for the other components being slightly below spec.

Recommended Specifications

Here are recommended Specs to run at 60FPS in most situations with all options set to medium:

OS: Windows 10 64 Bit (latest Service Pack)

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X processor

RAM: 12GB RAM

HDD: 175GB HD space

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / GTX 1660 or Radeon R9 390 / AMD RX 580

DirectX: Requires DirectX 12 compatible system

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

• Nicolas2 months agoReport

Do you have any recommendations for some solid 16 gb ram sticks w/o breaking the bank?