Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Why would this woman from work have blocked me on Facebook?

This woman from work has blocked I don't know why I haven't done anything and we are fine in work I haven't got an enemy in work so I'm abit offended and don't know why she would want to block me

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

I would be offended too if someone at work blocked me when I knew that I hadn't done anything to them. Maybe it's not just you and she has blocked others at work due to not wanting her work life to interfere with her personal life. I had an experience once where a lady who worked next to me blabbed to the entire office that a single woman who used to work at my office was pregnant, and she saw it on Facebook. It's stuff like that which happens that make people want to be careful who they allow and not allow to see their Facebook messages and you really cannot blame them. So try not to get mad and you don't know her reasons and they may be entirely innocent even though blocking seems a bit excessive. People have done stranger things to protect their privacy.

Simple, if you're both okay at work, then why don't you ask her?

Maybe she doesn't want you to see her personal stuff or doesn't want you in her business. 

I blocked my brother on Facebook as he's quite nosy who my real friends are and my sister unfriended me as she didn't like the content on my account not sure what she meant. I unfriended a woman I knew as she was posting inappropriate remarks and trying to hard to get my attention on FB with 'we should get together". I've only seen her with friends like 3 times and she's way desperate for a man. 

That's her decision, not yours.

Lots of work friends don't really develop personal relationships outside of work. Maybe she's like that. It's very common to keep working relationships at work and still be friendly.

Maybe it's because of what you post on facebook.

Without knowing you or her, we have no way of knowing why for sure. Possible reasons: someone at work told her something negative about you, you said or did something bad to her you don't know about, you posted something on your page she didn't like, you are friends with someone work she doesn't like, or you did something at work that affected her job. Try asking another co-worker if she has a problem with you.

Just act like u dont know shreblocked you...if you ask her she will think u stalking her online... lol

A lot of people don't want work colleagues as friends on their fb account, they like to keep work and private life separate, it's not unusual so don't be offended and hurt. 

• Linda

If that's the case it might be because someone told her that you like her and she may feel awkward about it?

I blocked a good friend of mine because he kept putting up depressing pictures of animals being mistreated. 

Maybe she does not like your posts.