How do I record playstation 3 on a television screen?

So, I m a youtuber, and I wanna make gaming videos on my playstation 3. But, I have no idea how. There are millions of different ways but I want the easiest and cheapest way. My playstation 3 is hooked up to my tv monitor by a HDMI cable. Both my tv and my playstation have a power cable hooked up to an outlet to keep them both on. It is literally the simplest setup ever. What do I need? Another device? Is there already a record option on playstation 3? What do I need to do?

You won't find a good capture device that cheap.

I use the Elgato HD60S, which is about $180.

https://amzn.to/2X8DIkV

Though there's more you need since PS3 uses a form of HDMI encryption that prevents the native capture of PS3 (and PS4, and PSTV) signals to prevent audio and video capture, which is exactly what you are wanting to do.

I've found that getting an HDMI splitter will get around this.  I've used this one and it worked well:

https://amzn.to/2UIH1h5

You'd plug the PS3 output into the splitter's input, then connect one of the splitter outputs into the capture device's input, then connect the capture device's output to your TV (if the device has HDMI pass-through, which the HD60S does).

Then as long as your PC is new enough and has a USB 3.0 port (and most newer machines do), you can then capture the audio/video to either stream in real-time or save for future editing before you post it.

You will need to buy a capture device. This will allow you to capture the video and audio feed from the PS3. The capture card connects to your PC via USB or PCI-E. You plug in your PS3 into the "input" of the card, and your TV to the "output" of the card. Then, you run the software included with the card to record/stream the game play.

The main issue you will come across is HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). This is basically an anti-piracy technology that prevents content from being copied as it travels across devices. I don't believe there is a way to disable this on the PS3, so you will need to buy an HDMI splitter that will "strip" or remove the HDCP. There are plenty of guides on YT that show you how to get this all setup.

• Meriqulim2 months agoReport

Which capture device do you recommend that I get? And is it less than 85$?