promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

What do you think of a 28 year old man that still lives at home with his parents?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 days ago

In my opinion, I think at this time it's more acceptable for a 28 year old to still live at home with his parents because of the economy and the pandemic. 

If he can financially support himself, has a family, then I would think it would be time for him to move out of his parent's house. 

I hope this helps :) 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

lol, he wasn't grown to be a responsible person. Maybe is afraid he won't make it on his own

• Chanel
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It is much more common these days that adult children still live with their parents.

Also every situation is different. The guy may not earn a lot of money or he helps his parents a lot.

But there are people much older than 28 who still live at home. That is cos of the fact that there are not as many jobs now and places to rent are too expensive.

I do not see the problem with a guy of 28 living at home if he pays his way and helps his parents. That is better than paying rent to a shark of a landlord.

However, saying that every situation is different.

• 2 months ago

It depends upon the situation. And since you gave no information whatsoever, its impossible to render a meaningful opinion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Are you the girlfriend who's not getting enough of his time and effort and wants to form a closer relationship while he's happy with the status quo? Beware. He's probably quite well off financially as his parents don't ask too much rent from him and he gets his board and lodging and home comforts far cheaper than if he lived independently. He lives a contented existence and lives his life outside his place of abode. Perhaps he's very happy with this situation.....so why should he change it? If he's got a g/f, he can see her whenever he likes, can have a sexual relationship etc., but not have to put up with the hassles of daily life if he were living with her 24/7 in a marital situation. Perhaps he's getting set in his ways and if so, maybe it's time you either put your foot down. about his complaisance or dumped him for a chap who is more into you.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why would one judge on just one piece of information?

• 2 months ago

that's just one trait. As a person who has been self supporting and providing her own roof over her head since she was 17... it's unlikely I'd date him. Right off, that'd be a likely assumption. Our lives likely wouldn't hold many touchstones. But that is nowhere near enough information to form an opinion on what to think about the man!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not terrible, many this age do this. BUT as long as the man is paying rent, has a job, and is not relying on the parents for everything. As long as he has the goal of moving out and saving his money for this. If not, then he needs to take responsibility and become more independent. And dating would be harder for him.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He needs to mature more . 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.