what are your opinions on working in a daycare/childcare?

I have been taking my two girls with me to daycare since september 2019. I got a job as an infant floater and I love the fact I get to be around kids all day and still be able to bring my girls with me to work. however when I'm in the preschool class dealing with 3 and 4 year olds I feel like they don't listen to me when I ask them to do something. I don't know if my voice isn't stern enough and I'm soft spoken but I wish I knew what to do. I love my job and I have been there for 7 months don't get me wrong but I don't foresee myself doing this for the rest of my life. I feel irritated a lot with work and sometimes I take it out on my husband and my girls because the preschoolers don't listen and some do not know how to be nice to one another. don't get me wrong not all of them are bad but I feel like my patience is running thin. I'm normally in the younger and older infant room, I love kids and some of them I'm close with, but how can I have more patience and not leave work in a bad mood? I feel guilty to say I'm getting tired at times being around kids

• y
    Favorite Answer

If you have 3 and 4 year olds that listen, then many consider you lucky, to have good kids. 2 and ups that don;t listen have some sort of ABC disorder or parents that have failed. Now a days most push for the ABC becouse no one wants to tell a parent, you suck. Kids though, respond to the authority figure in charge, consistency and fairness.You are also limited in what you can do to kids that don't listen, especially if you are in the room alone. Kids that don;t listen can be brought around, I find it easier when I'm able to teach them one on one. You don't have that in most cases and it can be difficult to find the right way to communicate, to reach them. Keep trying and keep learning new tactics, new ways of reaching them to get them in line.

I wouldn't mind working in a daycare, it can be frustrating and stressful sometimes but overall, I would like it. Working in a daycare would be very nice for people who like working with children.

😄 Good luck.

I would never...

Not enough patience in the world.