promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Kitty asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

Is it a waste of time learning more languages?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course not. Any knowledge is useful, and if you travel, or want to learn about other countries, you can use those languages. Also you improve your brain, the more you study languages. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is a waste of time if you do not need to and you do not want to.

• 2 months ago

Americans are notorious for having no aptitude for bilingualism. Berlitz night schools were popular for decades. People in Miami would want to train for sea captain jobs. 

• 2 months ago

Never, especially if you have a use for them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why would it be a 'waste of time' to go on holiday to a foreign county and speak the language ?

• 2 months ago

Well, if you're a native English speaker then I guess I see your point... I mean, you speak the "lingua franca" as a first language.. You can go to almost any part of this world and chances are that someone will understand your language.. that's a privilege people who speak other languages don't have..

Also, to me it seems that if you want to find substantial and high quality information on the internet then you better be able to understand English... and I say this as someone who speaks some other language as a native language.

Now, there are also some advantages about learning other languages... but I understand why you think the way you do.

• 2 months ago

Even for someone who is never going to leave home and visit a foreign country or meet any foreign people, learning a language helps to develop and stimulate our brains.

• 2 months ago

Yeah.

Who are you going to use them with ?????

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm still working on English.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why would it be a waste? It's fun, it's educational, it's a great learning experience and it will increase your understand of the world as a whole, and probably more than one thing about a different culture. What could be wrong about that?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.