promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

Coronavirus - meeting friends but staying 2 meters apart? ?

My mum is insisting on meeting her friends despite the lockdown to go on walks whilst remaining ‘2 meters apart’. I am under the impression we shouldn’t be doing this, am I right to be concerned? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Keeping two metres apart is only part of the story. The Diamond Princess cruise ship found traces of the virus seventeen days after everyone had disembarked. Staying at home is the only way of stopping the virus swamping hospitals.

• 2 months ago

I wouldn't risk it, you can accidentally walk to close or touch each other without realising.. Just stay home until this is all over with.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • If her friends can do that, as well as wipe down surfaces (if she's going to any one's house) and wash their hands regularly she should be safe. You can suggest that she has a virtual conversation or face time with her friends, because you're concerned for her safety. If any of her friends are coughing or are not feeling well, or going to areas where people can congregate in large numbers, she shouldn't go. 

Covid 19 isn't passed through the air. It's passed similar to how tuberculosis was passed on, by coughing or sneezing on some one. 

• 2 months ago

More than just the distance, you need to worry about disinfecting surfaces and or preventing any breathing on ppl.

Direct transfer through air is rare at the moment but the damn bugger can survive on things for hours. so keep your own breathing out in check by preventing it from reaching anyone else with help of scarf or something, have all of the friends you meet do the same and before you touch anything spray some disinfectant on it or on tissue and wipe the part you'll touch.

Yes basically play it safe do as gramophones do. Ideally do not meet people but if it is entirely necessary use as many precautions as you can.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.