Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Can you grow out of depression?

with age combined with testosterone replacement therapy and steroids? Maybe a few stays in a mental hospital if necessary?

29, almost 30. Had the piece-of-5h!t illness since 23. Even therapy's not helping but making me homicidal instead.

I believe you can get out of depression by taking testosterone and steroids, and being incarcerated in a care ward till it passes. It's a matter of half-grow out, half-work your way out, what about that!!??

I hate people but I'm not rejecting therapy.

Favorite Answer

Acute depression is manageable. Chronic depression is too, but it's more stubborn, and takes more effort from the sufferer. After two decades of therapy, I still suffer from mania if my meds run out, but not depression.

Stable relationships help a lot, but for people with borderline personality disorder, that's one of the major problems. People with schizophrenia have such miserable lives that depression is normal for them. In other words, it's not a simple problem, and a good therapist can help a lot. As for the steroids, don't go near them unless they are prescribed.

Take 5HTP or b6 those lift the mood a little. Take a small dose and then go higher but don’t go too high cuz you can get serotonin syndrome which is bad for you. What is good for me personally is taking a walk out in my neighborhood where I see all of the different things are that are going on like one day a car will park on the grass another on the side walk. Lol and the more often you go outside the more you notice little changes. Or you can walk in a park! Anywhere is good for a change of scenery plus when you are exercising even if you are walking slowly it’s a change of pace and that’s good for the soul! Happy music helps. If you can’t listen to it while you are awake put it on while you are sleeping and have it register subconsciously! Lol when I go on walks sometimes I’m not in the mood so I will drink coffee. Yeah I have depression too but talking to people helps. A counselor or therapist would be good but because I didn’t want to spend the money I just found a depressed friend and we shared our problems.. we were depressed but we had each other! It was nice In a way. But we grew apart life goes on.. there’s a lot of nice people in the world you just need to go out and find them. Even virtually is good to. Focus on what makes you happy lol

Nope, you can’t outgrow it but you can get it treated.

Depends on each person. Atheists are known for getting depressed more. Look in jails, it is Atheists and devil followers that have then filled up!  Atheists cannot feel anymore the each of their own LUST for only each of their own wants! 

LOVE only is felt by Believers of God, since God made Love! How about coming to God and praying to God and trying to help yourself to Not be so depressed? 

• Liz

I have been a Christian for my entire life and I suffer with severe persistent depressive disorder. It has nothing to do with religion. 

Depression is not something that becomes less prominent with age.

Infact it has done the exact opposite for me, the older i am the worse it is (i have dysthymia).

Depression CAN be (to some extent) mitigated, never entirely removed from a patient with certain combination of therapy and actually helpful group of people around the sufferer.

My stay at madhouse for week made me only mistrust mental professionals so on its own it is useless.

To even begin doing anything with depression one has to figure out how it became so overwhelmingly dominant on the person that even willfully ignorant humans noticed - what brought it on, what helped it grow. Figure out if and how to help the sufferer deal with the(se) issue(s) if possible.