Will my USB 3.0 powered hub create a bottleneck between my laptop and USB 3.1 devices?

I have a powered USB 3.0 hub connected between my USB 3.1 enabled laptop and my Razer Huntsman Elite Optomechanical keyboard. However, I was wondering if connecting this hub to my USB 3.1 port with a Micro 3,0 cable to USB-C cable will cause a bottleneck in data transmissions between my devices and the laptop itself.

USB 2.0 has more than enough speed for the devices you mention.

ALL USB ports are compatible with devices using earlier versions of USB standards.

No.

IF the other connected devices were USB 3.1 rated AND needed transfer rates above 5Gb/sec to work correctly, then technically there could be a bottleneck through a 3.0 rated hub.

However:

The keyboard you mention only uses a USB-A connector and for the minimal data required by a keyboard, a basic USB2 connection for a keyboard is easily fast enough to be considered "zero delay" in human or gaming terms.

The keyboard info says it's only updated 1000 times a second, the differences in connection type delay are a thousand times again smaller than that.

The light-sensing switches are really nothing more than a gimmick, as the update rate limits how relevant the switch speed is.

• Robert J

"I paid $320 AUD for this keyboard."
      Ouch!! Corsair mechanical keyboards seem to get as good or better reviews..