I'm currently having ants crawling across my desk. Not in vast numbers but I've killed 4 so far this morning.?

My desk touches two internal walls not an outside wall and I have no idea where they are getting in. What's the best product to use and where should I site it. I'd have thought it a touch early in the year for ants to be coming in. UK

Now 5.

Now 7 and counting........ HELP!!

• DEBS
    Favorite Answer

They're scouts and not uncommon.  First off, make sure you don't have anything on your desk they want.  Everything down to crumbs.  

Unless you can track them back to their source of entry, you're better just killing scouts.  If you're okay with them in the room but not on your desk, then use a little boric acid (like in Borax) where ever the desk touches something else; like around the legs.

If you want to really go after them, then gets traps like Terro liquid baits.  In the US you find them at Lowes or Home Depot in an orange package.  (They work a lot better than the black ones with something solid inside.  Put the trap as close to where you think they're coming from as you can.  Then be prepared for a hell of a lot of ants to show up in the next day or two.  Then you'll know their entry point.  Move that bait right next to the entry point and clean the ants and trail to your desk with a surface cleaner like windex which will get rid of the ant trail's smell.  Keep changing the baits or adding more until there are no more ants coming to it.  The queen will be dead in the nest and your ants will be gone.

• Verulam 1

It feels like Coro deaths..... I killed almst 10 yesterday but only one so far this am so it's levelling off.   If it's scouting, hopefully the message will get back to the nest pdq.  I checked outside, the walls but there's no sign of any.  Odd.