promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

JBL 5.1 Soundbar vs 5.1 surround?

Both speakers offer 5.1 surround sound but one has removable stereo channels for the stereo separation. But beyond that can someone tell me which one is the better buy? 5.1 sound bar is 399 and the 5.1 surround is 482 to around 500. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A lot depends on which sound bar and which Surround system...There are good surround packages which offer an entry level AV receiver and decent separate entry level speakers, but if your talking about those all in one propitiatory  surround systems that offer a processor  cheap speakers and poor quality amplifier as a package that cannot be modified I would stay away from those type systems as they are not reliable nor can they be modified or upgraded...Once they stop working the whole system becomes worthless...Check the Warranty if its only 90 days that should tell you something..a good warranty should one to two years long...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Actual speakers are better than reflected virtual ones.

• 2 months ago

Decent main/surround speakers 

cost no less than $175 per cabinet on sale and $200 or more at everyday prices. 

A worthy subwoofer costs at least $800. 

That brings the total for speakers into the range of $1500 to $2,000. 

Add $450 and up for a good receiver and $150 or more for a good disc player. 

Therefore, budget no less than $2,500 or so for a complete system except for the TV. 

That said, I would still go for separate speakers, 

rather than a sound bar, at any price point.    

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.