Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

How long do you think thc will stay in my system? ?

For a couple years I was a heavy smoker. Around December 2018 I went from a heavy smoker to occasional. I ended up completely quitting August 2019. I was hoping to enjoy a bowl every once in a while, as my schedule allows us to take 2 weeks off every month. Would one bowl be out of my system within 10 days? 

For some background, I am a young woman with a decent metabolism. I have been on an excellent diet that has moved me from the obese category to overweight. So got some fat that will make the thc take longer to break down. 

Also, I drink plenty of water every day. 

Of course there’s no certain answer, but from either experience, people you know, or knowledge you’ve gained, would you think this would be enough time? 

Thanks in advance 

Favorite Answer

Here's the deal.  THC is a fat-soluble substance, not water-soluble.  Water-soluble chemicals leach out of your body in about a day.  If you took heroin or opium or morphine or cocaine--or if you got drunk--the next day you'd have none of that left in your system.  This is why you can take megadoses of vitamin C and whatever your body doesn't use will just flush out. But you can poison yourself with megadoses of fat-soluble vitamin E.

Cannabinoids--that's the family of molecules in weed, THC is just one of them--stay in your fat cells.  There's no way to get them out until the cell itself dies.  That cell is 'metabolized', i.e. cannibalized, and what's left is 'metabolites' which end up in your urine.  The test for weed is a urine test. It's really a test for those metabolites, not the THC itself.  Drinking a lot of water will water down your urine and decrease the concentration of metabolites--but they're still there, and it doesn't take much.  Weight loss is generally good for you (and good for YOU, btw) but it has the effect of concentrating THC in your remaining fat.

(I read somewhere that toxins from plastics, pesticides, chemicals, etc. are accumulating in our bodies so quickly that someday obese people will be told NOT to lose weight because it would cause toxins to concentrate in their bodies and make them sick!)

So anyway weed has a 'half life' in the body.  Half of it is gone after that period, and half of what was left is gone after another period, and so forth.

The general rule is that it stays in your body in amounts enough to detect for a month.  That's not a hard/fast rule, it's a rule of thumb.  Maybe it would be quicker if you only had a tiny bit.  It could be faster or slower in your case because of a million different things.  But the general recommendation is 1 month, so it's pretty unlikely after 10 days (but not impossible!)

You know, you can get a weed test kit at your dollar store.  It's the same test that doctors and employers use.  You could test yourself before taking the 'official' test.

• kelvin
      1 month agoReport

more like wrong favorite answer as thatr is all wrong garbage

Hi, I will say this as a Smoking therapist. Your lungs are the only thing keeping you alive. Right ...So why you must ask yourself would you ever put anything into your lungs to harm them . The other question to ask yourself is If you wjere older would you start smoking? Most clients I see are older and not one tell me they want to start smoking only Quit ...Good luck!

• Andy C

THC lasts 2-3weeks.

• Murzy

A hair test can detect use up to 6 months.

2 weeks for urine test. 2 months for blood test.