Drake asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

This happens when I try to install Windows 10 is there anyway to continue to installation without installing drivers?

The next button is greyed out and I used a lot of other operating systems on my laptop.

Have nothing connected to your computer and start with the base machine.  It is looking for stuff before the O.S. can run.  Let Windows10 load first and then start hooking stuff back up and it should start to find the drivers automatically and install them.

. I have never seen this screen so it is just a guess.

Hi. At this point, & from the answers & replies already listed so far, I'd consider the installer disc to be the problem.

It sounds like it has some additional software or aftermarket executables on the disc that shouldn't be.

Get the disc ISO from a reputable source this time, whichever Windows version it is, & retry the installation.

MS themselves hosts downloadable files to burn to a disc for Windows 7 through 10.

Anything older than that can usually be found at places like www.download.com, or softpedia.com for a free download.

But there are a few other reputable sources for them as well.

G'Luck!!!

You don't need any drivers for the initial install.  I've never seen that screen over the course of the hundreds of windows 10 installs that I've done.

I think you can just click "Next" and move on.  did you try that? 

EDIT TO ADD: Another idea popped into my head.  Unplug ALL peripherals, such as printers, scanners and anything other than a keyboard and mouse.  It could be that Windows is sensing some odd peripheral and is expecting you to have the driver for it.  Remove them until the windows install is done. 

Did you happen to click on the "Load driver" button in the "Where do you want to install Windows?" section of the installation process?

• Drake2 months agoReport

I am not there yet

Did you try to install with the computer connected to the modem with a cable and not using wifi?

That might be the issue.

• Drake2 months agoReport

It does not support Ethernet it supports Wi-Fi I have a dell inspiron 11 3180