promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How long until my ISP moves to my area? ?

When I moved to my new house, I found out that my ISP (Mediacom) wasn't available at my location. They did tell me our location was on the list to bring their service too. We're about 15 minutes from our old town. Does anyone have any idea how long I would have to wait for them to branch out? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I read about someone that was in a similar situation.  What they did was ask them to do a site analysis and then get a quote for running a line to their new home.  In the end they managed to sign a contract that got them to run a line to their house for just under $3,000. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is a commercial decision that only the management of the ISP will know.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The only one who can answer that question truthfully is Mediacom itself. Call them!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Probably several years, based upon my experience.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There's no way to know. ISPs generally do not like to give this information from what I have heard and read. Even if they tell you "soon", it may be weeks, months or years before it actually happens or sometime in between.

I have looked at the AT&T Fiber coverage map for the past few years. They claim that they're adding more and more addresses each week, yet they haven't seem to have expanded their fiber to the home network much in Northern California.

There are a lot of things that have to happen before they can even begin installing their service in your area. They have to get permits from the tow/city/county which can take a long time. In all honesty, "soon" most likely will turn into a very long time.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely NOT. It could take YEARS. Unless there is a SERIOUS new construction grouping of housing...it aint happening anytime soon.

I suggest you do a bit of PROMPTING to see what is what.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe Mediacom would know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.