stoned asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

What is within that keeps me alive?

I contemplate this daily. Is it some flame inside similar to a candle burning until it reaches an end? The candle maintains an erect form, like I am, bipedal. The fire atop is like my head, excited, full of thoughts. As the candle burns, its waxe wanes like that of my existence. Through time, I degrade, becoming infirm due to age.

Favorite Answer

You must view yourself as a lantern and not a candle. If you wish to shine brighter then turn the knob. Do not think of yourself as a common candle because you are not. We are all gifts from God and the demon of heaviness wishes to bring you down. Here is a link to help you.

Also, yes, I know I just mentioned God without really any context but this world is just so deprived of him that he is just desperately needed in all situations. May I suggest you read the Bible? He's been the only answer that has worked with all people that I have suggested him to.

https://www.hopefaithprayer.com/depression-spirit-...

God bless. Find some peace. Do not think badly of yourself because it is that demon putting you down. You are the complete opposite of what you say. Do not let the negativity influence you because none of it is true.

• stoned2 months agoReport

You saying that I should see myself as a lantern is great. Lanterns are designed to contain the light inside from dying. With candles, that's the opposite. Strong breeze can make the flame disappear so easily. Maybe I am stronger than how I view myself?

Many things. Oxygen, sugar, protein, vitamins. Too many to relate.

• Liz

When Our Problems Will Be Gone

The day is coming when drugs of any kind will be a thing of the past. How so? Revelation 21:3, 4 answers: “The tent of God is with mankind . . . And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things [which include today’s problems] have passed away.”

The Bible likens the Christian hope to “an anchor for the soul, both sure and firm.” (Hebrews 6:18, 19) When beset by a storm, sailors in ancient times would lower the ship’s anchor. If the anchor took hold of the seabed, it would help the ship ride out the storm, away from dangerous reefs or shorelines. Similarly, the “sure and firm” hope set out in the Bible can help us to keep our emotional, mental, and spiritual equilibrium when stormy trials arise—as they undoubtedly will!

Find out more.

Source(s): jw.org/What Can the Bible Teach Us?

interesting  :-)

“For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.“ (Psalm 18:28)

Source(s): “The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.“ (Proverbs 20:27)
  • P

Self awareness and personality is the surface on which life floats. Below that the biological machine provides the buoyancy, and the physical world is the fluid medium sea which we navigate. Hope is what propels us forward

Your will or not, to live.

The true meaning of human life is.... Self Realization....

Love /hate, Good/evil, happiness/sorrow, positive/ negative, virtue/sin, soul/ body, heaven /hell.. are the creations of God.... So, by pure faith in God we can understand our eternal nature... which relates to our soul as our soul is the Part and Parcel of.... Supreme Soul...."God" ...

Actually, we are spiritual souls but we are in human body. We are from the spiritual world. God has sent us on the earth...only for self realization.. as our souls are not as pure as, they have to be... So, God has given us human life where our body feels happiness as well as suffers pain. Therefore, we souls are here... to achieve... the level of purity and to become pure soul.... we should make an effort to understand the deeper meaning of unconditional love for all living beings.... in every situation...

Moreover, the eternal nature of our soul is to Love God...

God gave you life.  There are answers to life's questions in the Bible.  I recommend starting in the New Testament; Gospel of John first, then Romans. 

Your soul inside