Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 2 months ago

Is this paranormal?

So I'll keep it simple.

I was maybe 10-13 somewhere around that age, I was sleeping it was late really late I woke up, I share a bunkbed so I knew my brother was asleep, so we're my 4 sisters in the other room. I could also hear my dad snoring and mum.

As I said I woke up, and I knew everyone else was asleep, I sat up and looked over towards the landing, I saw a figure, the shape of a man , an older man , but my dad and brother were asleep.

I froze and sat there for ages because I was scared to even move I didn't know what it was. I then slowing layed back down not moving, closing my eyes and eventually my brother moved and rolled over so I did to where I then faced the wall, and I was there for ages before I event fell asleep

I have never felt fear like it and don't know what it was at all. Can anyone help? Btw there's no way it couldve been caused by light , shadows at all

put your house in rice

probably sleep paralysis, I have it and it feels real, I thought it was for a while until it continued. :)

If this is the first time you have experienced this and there were no lights on, it was probably just pareidolia or it was just a vivid dream. You said the guy was old? If you saw him that clearly, then maybe but I don't think so. 

• Gary K

Firstly, of course it could have been a shadow.  If there was enough light to see it, it could have been a shadow.  And it could have been a shadow of anything.

Secondly, You were waking up in the middle of the night, your senses would have been fuzzy.

Thirdly, you were young and it was a long time ago.  It could been a dream, or a waking dream.  We embellish our memories over time.

Lastly, there is no compelling evidence for the existence of ghosts, spirits, demons or anything paranormal.  I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you.

• Presumably your house was securely locked since you don't seem to consider the possibility of it being some kind of prowler. 

If it wasn't an actual person then it was a dream, if it had been anything more threatening than that I doubt that you just would have laid there and peacefully gone back to sleep. 

It was either a spirit or a disturbed man who came into your house. I would say it could have been sleep paralysis but you wouldn't have been able to move, although i'm not an expert so it could be possible you were experiencing it.

More likely to be something from waking up with a dream still going on. Our bodies in that state still get a 'fight or flight' rush of adrenaline. I've woken up like that before as a kid in early teenage. Remember, at that time in our lives our brains are kind of being 're-wired; for adulthood and we will start feeling responsible for, and apprehensive about, dealing with problems.

Ur     dad gay.