promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 2 months ago

Is this paranormal?

So I'll keep it simple.

I was maybe 10-13 somewhere around that age, I was sleeping it was late really late I woke up, I share a bunkbed so I knew my brother was asleep, so we're my 4 sisters in the other room. I could also hear my dad snoring and mum.

As I said I woke up, and I knew everyone else was asleep, I sat up and looked over towards the landing, I saw a figure, the shape of a man , an older man , but my dad and brother were asleep.

I froze and sat there for ages because I was scared to even move I didn't know what it was. I then slowing layed back down not moving, closing my eyes and eventually my brother moved and rolled over so I did to where I then faced the wall, and I was there for ages before I event fell asleep

I have never felt fear like it and don't know what it was at all. Can anyone help? Btw there's no way it couldve been caused by light , shadows at all

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

put your house in rice

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

probably sleep paralysis, I have it and it feels real, I thought it was for a while until it continued. :)

• 2 months ago

If this is the first time you have experienced this and there were no lights on, it was probably just pareidolia or it was just a vivid dream. You said the guy was old? If you saw him that clearly, then maybe but I don't think so. 

• Gary K
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Firstly, of course it could have been a shadow.  If there was enough light to see it, it could have been a shadow.  And it could have been a shadow of anything.

Secondly, You were waking up in the middle of the night, your senses would have been fuzzy.

Thirdly, you were young and it was a long time ago.  It could been a dream, or a waking dream.  We embellish our memories over time.

Lastly, there is no compelling evidence for the existence of ghosts, spirits, demons or anything paranormal.  I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Presumably your house was securely locked since you don't seem to consider the possibility of it being some kind of prowler. 

If it wasn't an actual person then it was a dream, if it had been anything more threatening than that I doubt that you just would have laid there and peacefully gone back to sleep. 

• 2 months ago

It was either a spirit or a disturbed man who came into your house. I would say it could have been sleep paralysis but you wouldn't have been able to move, although i'm not an expert so it could be possible you were experiencing it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

More likely to be something from waking up with a dream still going on. Our bodies in that state still get a 'fight or flight' rush of adrenaline. I've woken up like that before as a kid in early teenage. Remember, at that time in our lives our brains are kind of being 're-wired; for adulthood and we will start feeling responsible for, and apprehensive about, dealing with problems.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ur     dad gay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.