promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

What do you do if you can't go the dentist?

Dentists are closed now so what do you do if you need to go? or have teeth problems?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Depends on how serious your problem is, but realize you're not the only one panicking.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

your dentist should see you for an emergency.

• 2 months ago

The amount of damage done to your teeth may depend, not on the quantity of sugar you eat, but on the frequency of your meals and sugary snacks. Since saliva flow is low while you sleep, one of the most destructive things you can do to your teeth is eat or drink sugar and then retire for the night without brushing your teeth. On the other hand, chewing sugar-free gum after meals is said to increase saliva flow and help protect your teeth.

• Kate
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If it is an emergency I am sure you could call them. However, if the problems are that bad I would guess it was a problem long before the virus locked everything down and maybe should have been dealt with then.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Mine is open for emergency issues.

• 2 months ago

Almost all dentists who have good practices are taking emergency cases on an individual basis. You'll have to call them and leave a message that you need emergency care.

In the meantime, if you need some mild palliative care, you can do a few things: Brush with a NEW toothbrush and some baking soda--not toothpaste--brush slowly, GENTLY and carefully around each tooth. Rinse with warm water, and follow that with a mouthwash solution that you dilute with some water. Floss. If your gums are bleeding, you can try rinsing your mouth with warm salt water after this. Keep up this routine for a few days and if the problem does not clear up, or you begin to have severe pain, bleeding, swelling or a lump in a gumline above any tooth, you may have an abscess--so call your dentist. An abscess is a serious problem and requires antibiotics. After describing the problem, your dentist may be able to call in a prescription for you so you can clear up the infection. 

You need to keep brushing and flossing even if it's not entirely comfortable. 

• 2 months ago

Many dentists are still taking patients. Call yours to find out

If it's an urgent situation i'm sure you can leave a message on their answering machine

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

so what, mine has emergency hours, but mine is Biological.....

• Mike G
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Any full-service gas station. Especially in New Jersey.

• lovely
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I thought about the same thing, guess we can go to a dentist at a hospital then.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.