promotion image of download ymail app

What are these large gaps in concrete filled with?

This gap is there by design and I thought it was full of dirt and power washed a small section of it last spring before realizing that if should actually be there. Now I would like to replace it, but have no idea what it is. 


Attachment image

3 Answers

  • Andy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    I use what is known as mortar repair. It's essentially an acrylic caulk with sand in it. It looks like concrete/mortar and It's inexpensive, easy to use, and stays flexible so it won't crack.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    It is an expansion joint and probably had a wood board in it or a fiber-asphalt board made for expansion joints. Since you have cleaned the joint out, the easy thing is to fill it with a high quality bagged concrete mix (not low quality sac-crete and not straight portland cement) that you can buy at lumber yards. Kind of wet/fill the crack with water and pour the dry cement in and work it in with a trowel. Then leave it alone and let it harden.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Small, tiny concrete-like rocks. ****

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.