promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 2 months ago

Why would anyone want to use carpet as their flooring?

It gets dirty easier, is much more likely to have permanent stains, etc.

Even if you're the cleanest, most careful person, with carpet you can't even enjoy a beverage in front of your living room TV without the risk of a stain if your drink spills, which might not be fully lifted.

That's why I have hardwood flooring throughout my house, not a single square of carpet anywhere, even on the stairs, so much easier to clean and keep clean.

If someone absolutely does not like just hardwood beneath their feet, they can always put down an area rug that covers practically the whole room. If it gets damaged, it is much cheaper to replace and you can put it in yourself. 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Interior decorators still say it's the best for bedrooms especially in cold climates. And quiet. Statistics say people have longer sleep patterns with carpets in bedrooms too. When's the last time you had a window open in a wood floor bedroom? Sleepers are woken up much easier to noises. Carpeting dulls the sounds. Interesting facts!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

In addition to the various reasons all ready stated it is also a matter of use. We have two guest bed rooms that our adult children use when they visit. That is usually only 3 or 4 times a year. Carpet makes for a economical flooring. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's more energy efficient (warm in the winter) and comfortable to walk on barefoot or in socks than is vinyl, wood, or other materials. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get Swine Flu. Or break a hip.  Now you got to go to the bathroom and you are in bed.  You have lost the ability to walk.  You crawl to the bathroom across the carpet on hands and knees.   

Try that for 20 feet.  You are wishing you had carpet because you got bony knees.

Been there, done that. Love my carpets.  And I have not spilled a drink on them yet(after 40 years) nor have they been shampooed yet.  They get a vacuuming once a month and that is about it.

Most if not all my glasses, mugs, cups, bowls do not have a hole in the bottom.

I have had hardwood floors and we bought throw rugs to cover most of the floor.

I can not help it you are sloppy.  Love the carpet when there is snow on the ground outside for the carpet feels warm on bare feet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I hate carpeting.  I have eliminated it from our first floor.  If I had the money I would put in wood floors upstairs in the bedrooms. 

Carpeting can be a cheaper choice for flooring, easier to put in. 

I have rugs down stairs.  Look great and didn’t cost much. I can replace much easier and cheaper than carpet if they get ruined. 

My mother wants carpet. She thinks it is warmer.

She finds her wood floors hard to clean. And doesn’t like all the dust and dirt that shows.

• 2 months ago

soft places for kiddies to pad around in sockies

ladies too,,

• arther
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

carpet is warmer I currently have hardwood floors and my house is freezing cold in winter

• 2 months ago

Meanwhile, most of the world eats at the dinner table.

• 2 months ago

I'm also with you on this.  Carpets are a huge source of dust, too.  I wouldn't be surprised if they cause some respiratory problems.

• 2 months ago

It looks nice, it's soft, warm, and quiet underfoot, and it need not be expensive. I'm not a fan of carpet myself, but I don't find it hard to understand why some people like it.

I don't know how often you spill drinks. I can't even remember the last time I spilled one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.