Laura asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

I never feel good enough ?

A few years ago I used to be outgoing and a girl told me she used to hate me because I was annoying. I've become more introverted from fear of being annoying, and now I've been told that I should be more extroverted and talk to more people. I feel not good enough for people and sometimes wonder if I were prettier then I would be good enough... 

I'm 18 and going to college next year and I'm scared of not being good enough for people...

Favorite Answer

I think you should try to relax.  It sounds like you are trying to supress your natural self to fit in with how you think people want you to be.  Don't try to be any particular way, just be you.  Then if people like you, they actually like you, not your public persona. 

I know that this sounds really cliché, and also that we all act differently in public to an extent.  It's easier said than done.

• OTTO

The Madman by Kahil Gibran is about trying to live up to the expectations of others. Also, listening in on some CODA meetings will be helpful.

Being pretty has little to do with it.

Try your personality first.

If that does not work,ignore them.

Find other friends.