Conservatives: if you're pro-capitalism, why do you support the stimulus bill (government interference in business is anti-capitlalism?)?

I thought you were pro-free market -- let the free market do its own thing.

Favorite Answer

GOP is unquestionably the party of Stump now, and they do as they're told by Baby.

• Edward

When government intervenes in any thing you need help to get through it.

It's because it's about the only way to save the capitalist economy. If the socialist democrats had their way they would be nationalizing a lot of the businesses.

I have no issue receiving this, because I know what I've PUT INTO THE SYSTEM OS MISMANAGEMENT. Honestly, we'd be fine if we got nothing also. Katrina taught us to prepare for a rainy day and we did. No high end TV's, cell phones, cars, or entertainment expenses.

• Jeff D

Government interfered with businesses when it forced most of them to close.  Paying out some money is just an attempt to keep people from starving and the economy from collapsing completely.

There's no reason for it, you're right.  America would take whatever.  Willing to die in crap jobs.

First, I disagree that it is a "stimulus".  It is nothing of the sort.  It stimulates nothing.  It simply is something to prevent an economic disaster caused by government FORCING the shutdown of the economy.

Government interfered in business in the first place by shutting them down.

So, please grow up and stop being a stupid cow, Lois.

• Lois Griffin

Bush was a Republican, in case you forgot.  and yes, Republicans in congress voted for that stimulus bill.

The government is returning taxes we have paid in - sort of like tapping our savings.