Stevie asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Shadow Person Rape?

Hi so you can call me crazy wtf ever you want. Some of you probably won’t believe me but last night I woke up slightly and I was being held down and raped by what I can only describe as a shadow person. I was laying on my stomach and he had my hands pinned above my head. I told him to stop and to go away and I felt one of his hands rub my right arm and he whispered “shhh”. Somehow I fell back asleep. It wasn’t a real person or sleep paralysis but I wanna know if anyone else has had a similar experience?

I’m not bothered by it or anything. Never been raped before so I’m not suffering any psychological damage. I just want to know if this is common and if I should expect it again. 

Favorite Answer

That's typically called an Incubus and has a long history. It's thought to be our minds trying to make sense of arousal and paralysis combined.

An example of our minds trying to make sense of things is the common dream of falling takes place when paralysis is starting during sleep. Everyone has "sleep paralysis" everyday. However, someone people can't get out of it which is when we use that term. Some people don't have it, including one guy who acted out a dream, killing his wife. Yes, he went free.

Another example so classic it's a movie cliche is when you feel your waking arousal coming on, you dream about hitting something, waking at that very moment.

• Stevie2 months agoReport

Thank you for your help and the more scientific explanation. I appreciate it. I’m kind of excited it was an incubus. That’s pretty cool

• OTTO

Guess that's what is called a lucid dream. I've had a visual one but not one with such clear physical sensations. If it happens again, yell out "Jesus help!" and see if that stops it. Demons flee from that phrase.

• Stevie2 months agoReport

Doesn’t the Jesus thing only work when one is Christian? (Which I am not)

😄🤣

It doesn't happen.

And what you're dreaming about is an incubus.

Unless you're a dude. 🥴

Then it's a succubus.

Demons who drain energy through arousal.

Gawd, I wish you kids knew your religion, myths and folklore before you write your best selling short stories. 🥴

• Lv 6

God looks out for everyone. But he can't be everywhere at once. Call him when you need him.