Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 2 months ago

Are most non-religious people in the USA hostile only to organized religion, or to any kind of spirituality (such as New Age) as well?

• glcang
    Favorite Answer

How can this be answered with any accuracy unless you spoke with every non- religious person in the U S A?

As an atheist, I do not dislike religious people. I find belief in such things to be ridiculous but to each his own. Some fake atheists who really follow the religion of socialism are hostile but only because they want everyone to follow their religion.

Most non-religious people aren't hostile.  Period.  Don't judge by the anti religious nuts you see here.  R & S isn't real life.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Most non-religious people are not hostile to anyone, its the extremist religious that are hostile towards anyone that isn't part of their particular little belief.

Hostile?

Organized Religion = Organized Crime

I'm against crimes committed and hidden in all criminal organizations.

Believe in whatever fairy you'd like.

I don't care about that.

• Mack

Religious people in the US are much more hostile to other religions than atheists.

“Theists, especially Christians, try to control and restrict us based on their views.

If all Christians stop crusading against science, education, culture, art, sex and sexuality, religious freedom and such, stop dishonestly misrepresenting your beliefs as facts, and stop telling everybody else they're going to be tortured throughout eternity unless they join you, I assure you that you won't encounter nearly as much hostility.”

‘Religious apologists complain bitterly that atheists and secularists are aggressive and hostile in their criticism of them. I always say: look, when you guys were in charge, you didn’t argue with us, you just burnt us at the stake. Now what we’re doing is, we’re presenting you with some arguments and some challenging questions, and you complain.’ A.C. Greyling