Mike asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

should I wipe my dog after he does his business?

I know it's not really typical to see it - but I just though it would make sense and be more hygienic- because if humans do it, why shouldn't we do so for the dog?

Should I use regular toilet paper?

I'd print this out and hand it to the person who prescribes your medication (along with one of your other questions) and see what needs to be adjusted:  "does it constitute assault if my father shaves my pubic hair while I sleep?  I am 30 years old." 

Not unless he has a hairy butt where you would have to wash it out of the coat. If that be the issue, take dog to groomer & get a potty patch cut in.

As long as the dog has normal stools, which it should have from a health point of view, there's NO NEED to wipe a dog.  If you have one with long fur, then you can always do a hygiene trim but again they are not constructed in quiet the same way as we are so wiping shouldn't be needed.

If the dog has diarrhoea yes it may be needed however, but you should correct the diet to stop diarrhoea, or if he has a digestive bug, get it treated by a vet.   You could start by withholding food for 24 hours and start back using boiled rice and chicken, and a little natural yoghurt which should clear up an uncomplicated digestive upset.

• *****

Dogs don't have butt cheeks for feces to stick to. It is not necessary to wipe your dog unless they have an issue with feces sticking to them (long hair, etc.).

So, you want to wipe your dog for HYGIENE reasons?  Does he have runny messy stools?  (That is due to a POOR diet, so how about solving that issue first?)  

Most dogs do a clean "drop", no wiping needed.  Dogs have been licking their @$$ to clean it (if needed) - since time began.  Why do YOU THINK you would do a better job?And - you want to announce to the world wide web you have tons of the rare and almost impossible to FIND...toilet paper???  ROTFLMAO!  (Don't let anybody know where you live, TROLL!!!)